An invitation to join the
Highlands Garden Society Bowral Inc.
New members are welcome to join Highlands Garden Society Bowral, Inc. See link to application form below.
Started in 1976, the Society has its origins among a group of people who wanted to share their love of gardening in a context that was both welcoming and open. It is now one of the largest garden clubs in Australia.
Recent consideration of the activities of the Society indicate that it provides members with:
- A sense of belonging
- Practical help with the practice of gardening
- Recognition as a gardener and a place where people with outstanding interests and skills in gardening can be supported
- A venue to promote gardening throughout the Southern Highlands
As a large and active group and there are many benefits to membership some of which are listed below:
- Eleven (11) issues of our informative ‘Highlands Garden Bulletin’ mailed to your home each month
- Ten (10) monthly meetings at which we have excellent guest speakers
- Ten (10) monthly meetings with low cost member propagated plants for sale and free seeds
- Nine (9) monthly meetings with free loan access to the latest garden books, DVDs and videos
- Eleven (11) monthly meetings at which a tea and coffee break is provided
- Free entry to Friendship Gardens 8 times each year
- Free access to Garden Workshops held several times during the year
- Free monthly Floral Art Classes
- Discounted entry fee to our very enjoyable Winter Garden Seminar and Lunch held on the third Saturday in July each year
- Free entry to a wonderful Summer Garden Evening in February each year
- Our own Annual Camellia and Rose Shows and monthly prize exhibition tables
- Low cost one day and multi-day gardening coach tours – up to 5 tours each year.
The monetary value of these activities alone amounts to some $195 per person per year. The Society’s annual fees are $40 per year per person or $70 per year per household.
And of course the joy of membership and the enduring friendship of fellow gardeners – Priceless!